Cosmetic Dental Care Southfield, MI
At Freemans Family Dentistry DDS PC, we provide cosmetic dental care for patients throughout the Southfield area. If you are looking for a local dentist that can transform your smile and restore your confidence, call (313) 217-5067 to schedule an appointment. We will examine your teeth, take X-rays, and discuss the goals you have for your smile. These appointments are an excellent opportunity for us to get to know you and to learn more about your lifestyle. The more we know, the better recommendations we can make regarding what type of dental work will be in your best interest to consider. Many patients do not realize that there are several ways to address even the most common aesthetic and health issues. There is no one-size-fits-all answer in cosmetic dental care, but rather, customized solutions for your particular needs.
Here are a few such solutions that we may discuss during your consultation.
Dental crowns are an excellent restorative solution in the form of a ceramic cap. We create the dental crown after taking an impression and measurements of the teeth. We customize each dental restoration to match the individual's teeth for a perfect fit. After customization, the crown will blend in with your surrounding teeth, and prevent anything from directly touching the tooth. A crown is a type of cap that commonly protects chipped, cracked, damaged or eroded teeth. A crown can also correct common aesthetic problems by closing gaps between teeth, changing the shape and size of teeth, covering dark stains, and making teeth appear to be straighter. Crowns are long-lasting with an average lifespan of fifteen years or longer, making them incredibly popular. Before placement, we need to prepare the tooth. When you visit our Southfield dental office, we will remove a portion of the enamel from around your tooth so the crown can surround it without making the tooth overly large. We will then attach a temporary crown using water-based glue. When the final crown is ready, you will return so we can bond the crown in place. Once complete, your tooth will be fully functional and beautiful.
If you are missing one or several teeth, dental bridges are an ideal solution for replacing them. For this procedure to work, you need to have remaining healthy teeth that can serve as anchors for the bridge. We secure a dental bridge by placing dental crowns on the two teeth surrounding the missing one. These crowns hold the bridge and new tooth in place. Those suffering from major tooth loss may not be a good candidate for dental bridges, since a dental bridge requires healthy, natural teeth to hold it in place. Otherwise, they are a good non-surgical solution for tooth loss and can look completely natural. If you live in the Southfield area and are tired of wearing dentures or are considering tooth replacement options, we invite you to call 313-217-5067 and learn more.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Cosmetic Dental Care Southfield
An important part of cosmetic dental care is straightening teeth. We have a variety of solutions that can change the appearance of teeth to make them look straighter. Most of these do not, however, actually straighten the teeth. Clear braces is a procedure that involves wearing clear aligners that have been custom created to address your specific dental challenges. By wearing each aligner for a prescribed period, your teeth will move that much closer to being straight. Many people enjoy this solution because the aligners are nearly invisible.
Professional Teeth Whitening
At Freemans Family Dentistry DDS PC, we recommend professional teeth whitening as one of the first procedures you try. By whitening your teeth, you can remove signs of aging, along with any stains. We can complete this treatment right away, and give you quality results that you can be immediately be proud of for your smile. While store-bought whitening kits work, they provide a less dramatic result and take longer to work, making an in-office solution the preferred option among our patients.
To learn more about cosmetic dental care and which options would be best for you, call 313-217-5067 to schedule an appointment with our dental office.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- An allograft is a graft of tissue from a donor within the same species as the patient that is not a genetic relative.
- Alveolar Ridge
- The alveolar ridge is the bony ridge for one of the jaw ridges located on the roof of the mouth or on the bottom of the mouth.
- An autograft is a graft of tissue from one portion of an individual’s body to another.
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cap Splint
- A cap splint is a plastic or metallic device that professionals may use to treat mandible or maxillary fractures and cover crowns of teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
Back to top of Cosmetic Dental Care
Wondering if a dental restoration is in your near future? According to Cleveland Clinic, restorations are the various ways a dentist can replace or restore missing teeth or missing parts of the tooth structure. Ready to learn more about dental restorations?Understanding more about the dental restoration process, as well as the types of restoration options available,…
Choosing to get a smile makeover is something many people are doing as they provide immense benefits. New dental technologies allow for more transformative services than ever before, making it so anyone can makeover their smile with the help of a general dentist. Some general dentists specialize in smile makeovers, which may consist of a…
Teeth whitening is potent and effective in rejuvenating your smile. This treatment takes one dental appointment. But making the results last will make the effort worthwhile. Caring for your whitened teeth is important. If you want to know about caring for your whitened teeth, here are four tips to consider.The effects of teeth whitening can…
Gum disease is a common dental problem. Poor oral care, lifestyle, and diet contribute to the onset and worsening of this condition. Preventing periodontal disease is better than going through the treatments. If you want to know why preventing gum disease is important, here are the details.Preventing gum disease can keep teeth looking good and…