Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Southfield, MI
If you are in your junior year of high school, it is time to think ahead to your senior pictures. These are the pictures that will remain in infamy in your school yearbook and looked at by all your friends for decades. This is not your casual selfie, but something you want to really look amazing in. Your smile is the first thing people will notice in your senior pictures, so visiting the dentist is the best way to improve how you look.
Change What You Dislike About Your Smile
At Freemans Family Dentistry DDS PC, we can examine you in our cosmetic dentistry office and discuss what you do not like about your smile. If you have gaps between your teeth or they are crooked, stained, or misshapen, we can fix them in our Southfield, MI dental office. There are several ways we can address most aesthetic issues. We will begin by conducting an examination, taking X-rays, discussing the timeframe we are working with, and then presenting you and your parents a variety of options to choose. Since some have set time constraints, it is best to schedule your appointment with our office as soon as possible. You can do so by calling (313) 217-5067.
Check out what others are saying about our dental support services on Yelp: Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures Southfield
Dental Bonding to Improve the Appearance of Your Teeth
If your senior pictures are just around the corner, the fastest way to improve the appearance of your smile is with dental bonding. Unlike dental veneers, which can take a month, or Invisalign®, which can take a year, dental bonding can be completed in one appointment. This is a non-invasive procedure that is completed chairside, meaning without help from the dental lab. When you come in for your initial consultation, we will discuss the concerns you have about your teeth and then strategize as to the best way to correct them. For example, if one tooth is longer than the rest, we could shave off a portion of it and use dental bonding to contour it. If your teeth are yellow and severely stained, we can place dental bonding material on top of them to cover these deep stains. We can even use bonding to close small gaps in between your teeth, to restore teeth that have been cracked or chipped, and to change their overall shape and size. Dental bonding material is incredibly diverse because once applied to prepared teeth, we can shape it right then and there. Once it looks exactly right, we will harden it with a special dental light and you will be on your way. You can have your senior pictures taken that week, and your smile will look amazing.
Schedule a Consultation Today
At Freemans Family Dentistry DDS PC, we can improve your smile in time for your senior pictures. Since time is of the essence, call (313) 217-5067 to schedule an appointment with our Southfield, MI dental office right away.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Carbamide Peroxide
- Carbamide peroxide is a solution that contains hydrogen peroxide and can help to whiten teeth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Deeper Teeth Stains
- Deeper teeth stains are stains that require professional oral health services and can result from certain foods, beverages or improper oral hygiene.
- Dentin Hypersensitivity
- Dentin hypersensitivity is when the enamel wears down on the tooth enough that the dentin faces exposure and will cause great levels of pain when a person applies pressure to the tooth or drinks hot/cold beverages.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound in teeth whitening solutions that patients use to whiten the shade of their teeth.
- Relief ACP
- Relief ACP stands for amorphous calcium phosphate, which helps to relieve the pain in sensitive teeth in a gel form.
- Stained Dentin
- Stained dentin can result from certain foods and beverages with a lack of proper brushing. Dental professionals can provide whitening treatments to brighten the teeth.
- Surface Enamel
- The surface enamel is the hard outer shell that protects the dentin and pulp of the teeth. The enamel is the surface that people see when one smiles.
- Surface Teeth Stains
- While surface teeth stains can be inevitable with age, certain foods and beverages will only promote discoloration and faded teeth.
- Teeth Whitening Concentrate
- Teeth whitening concentrate is the bleaching agent that whitens the shade of teeth, which is more effective from a professional and not a general store product.
Back to top of Improve Your Smile for Senior Pictures
Choosing to get a smile makeover is something many people are doing as they provide immense benefits. New dental technologies allow for more transformative services than ever before, making it so anyone can makeover their smile with the help of a general dentist. Some general dentists specialize in smile makeovers, which may consist of a…
Teeth whitening is potent and effective in rejuvenating your smile. This treatment takes one dental appointment. But making the results last will make the effort worthwhile. Caring for your whitened teeth is important. If you want to know about caring for your whitened teeth, here are four tips to consider.The effects of teeth whitening can…
Gum disease is a common dental problem. Poor oral care, lifestyle, and diet contribute to the onset and worsening of this condition. Preventing periodontal disease is better than going through the treatments. If you want to know why preventing gum disease is important, here are the details.Preventing gum disease can keep teeth looking good and…
A cosmetic dentist can use a dental crown to improve your dental health. A tooth with severe decay or discoloration can be depressing. The infection could reach the pulp at any time. Placing a custom-fit dental crown can protect your tooth from further damage and injury. If you want to know more about the steps…