Smile Makeover Southfield, MI
A smile makeover involves multiple reconstructive and professional dental procedures to restore and enhance various aspects of the patient's teeth and mouth. Smile makeovers are a commonly offered cosmetic solution provided at Freemans Family Dentistry DDS PC.
With a smile makeover, it's possible to change, restore or alter multiple aspects of a patient's mouth, including the appearance and functionality of teeth. To begin the smile makeover, we will examine a patient's teeth and recommend procedures that will meet the patient's wants and needs. We will then customize the treatment to the patient's teeth before scheduling the appointments.
Since a smile makeover addresses multiple aspects of a patient's mouth, they may need to make multiple appointments. We will outline the treatment plan during a consultation and guide the patient throughout the process. A smile makeover can help you enhance your smile while being mindful of your oral health.
If you want to enhance certain aspects of your smile, call us to schedule an appointment for more information on our smile makeovers.
What procedures are used in a typical smile makeover?
There are many cosmetic dentistry procedures that we can use including teeth whitening, dental crowns, and more.
Yellow and stained teeth are a sign of age since teeth are whiter the younger you are. By eating foods that are artificially colored, drinking coffee, tea, wine and smoking – teeth can become yellow and severely stained. This will negatively impact your appearance and can even make you look unhealthy. As a result, patients throughout Southfield have their teeth whitened to remove the stains.
There are several ways to whiten your teeth. An in-office whitening procedure can whiten your teeth by up to eight shades in a single office visit and do so without causing any discomfort. For those that would prefer to whiten their teeth on their own schedule, an at-home treatment may be better. In this scenario, an impression is taken of your teeth and a customized Teeth Whitening tray is created in a dental lab. It is made to fit perfectly so that the whitening solution stays in place, and your teeth feel comfortable. If necessary, we will provide you with a whitening solution that can be used at home so that you can improve the appearance of your teeth regardless of where you are or how busy your schedule is. To learn more, call 313-217-5067 and schedule a consultation.
Check out what others are saying about our smile makeover and restoration services on Yelp: Smile Makeover Southfield
When teeth are more severely damaged or broken, a dental crown is often a better solution for transforming its appearance and functionality. A crown can be made in an all-ceramic or all-porcelain material that surrounds the tooth entirely. This improves the appearance of the tooth and strengthens it since when a crown is used, nothing touches the natural tooth. In the past, people may have had dental crowns that were made out of metal. These are functional but are unattractive and make it difficult, if not impossible, for a smile to look natural and healthy. Replacing metal crowns with ceramic ones makes it possible to have the restoration that you need without anyone knowing your tooth had ever been damaged. We can treat patients who want their smile makeover to include getting rid of outdated metal crowns.
Dental crowns can accomplish similar goals to veneers. They can make teeth even, close gaps, cover stains, and restore cracked or chipped teeth. The major difference is that the crown surrounds the entire tooth, so there is additional stability that comes with this procedure.
How do I start my smile makeover?
To get started on your smile makeover call our Southfield dentist office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Ronald J. Macafee. You can reach us at (313) 217-5067 and we will be happy to schedule a time that is convenient for your schedule.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Cosmetic Dentistry Terminology
- Bleachorexia is when people continue to abuse teeth whitening solutions without consulting professionals, causing significant damage to their enamel and gums in the process.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Cosmetic Imaging
- Cosmetic imaging allows oral health professionals to display and break down the changes a variety of cosmetic procedures can make to the patient’s appearance to help the patient understand.
- Crown Lengthening
- Crown lengthening is a surgical procedure that increases the extent of a tooth structure for restorative or esthetic purposes.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Full Mouth Rehabilitation
- Full mouth rehabilitation is a customized treatment that strives to optimize health and features of the entire mouth with multiple procedures.
- Smile Selection Guide
- A smile selection guide allows patients to select the type of smile and the intricate details they desire when enhancing the appearance of one’s teeth.
- Smile Shape Guide
- A smile shape guide helps patients determine how they want to change or improve their smile with various cosmetic dentistry procedures.
- Tetracycline is an antibiotic that can cause permanent gray discoloration of teeth when people use it at a young age.
Back to top of Smile Makeover
Stained teeth can present a whole host of problems, however, with the help of a family dentist, there are a few ways that they can be prevented. Additionally, understanding the causes of tooth staining can help individuals better prevent them from developing in the future. Family dentists are great resources to utilize when looking for ways…
PPE per CDC guidance is unique wearable coverings designed to protect dental professionals in Freemans Family Dentistry DDS PC from exposure to infections, such as the coronavirus. The PPE is worn during dental procedures and when cleaning sterilizing dental instruments. This article answers some questions about PPE per CDC guidance.PPE means personal protective equipment and…
A tooth abscess is an infection that often requires a prompt visit to the emergency dentistry office. With the lockdown in place due to the COVID-19 outbreak, dentists have limited dental procedures to emergency treatment. The extent of pain and swelling typically determines if there is a dental emergency. However, if the abscessed tooth is…
Undergoing teeth whitening from a dentist is a great way to achieve a brighter smile. Dentists can safely administer teeth whitening trays so that patients have a customized treatment plan. One question that comes along with teeth whitening trays is how long they are to be worn. Keep reading to find out what a dentist…